• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I recoop these out of pocket expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txkublreez

What is the name of your state? VA

My car was involved in an accident in the state of Virginia. My niece was driving the car. She is fully insured to drive the vehicle. SHe was park on the street when a work van of a plumbing company struck the car. Because she is only 18 she did not qualify to get the rental, so we worked it out with the insurance company to have my sister get the rental and my niece would drive her car. We were told that all expenses would be covered and direct billed to the insurance company of the plumbing company. THe insurance company set up the rental vehicle. When my sister went to pick up the car they (rental agencyJ) had her sign the contract she marked the insurance coverage, because she understood as I that it the car was being covered in full and direct bill. When she went to turn the car in the rental car people charged her $712 for the insurance coverage. When she picked up the car they did not tell her that the insurance company would not pay the insurance. I was not informed by the claims adjuster that they would not, she just told me that they would set up a direct bill rental car.

If feel that they should cover all expense, but they are refusing. In addition, the cost of the rental was driven up because they they took so long and only got the estimates to the auto body shop after several calls from myself following up with the autobody and claims people. THe car was hit the first weekend in December and the estimator a week to get out there and then the estimates did not get to the autobody company until right at the holdays. Being that I am in Texas, this situation has caused me alot of stress and anxiety.

What recourse if any do I have to recoup the $712.00 (this does not inclued the $209 my sister spent on the first rental before the insurance was able to get back with us on a week day after the accident) We had to fight that as well, but they did agree to pay that.

My vehicle did not cause the accident. THe plumbing companies vechile was being driven by an unlicensed driver (who they claim was not supposed to be driving that vehicle)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">