• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I recover?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tayo11

What is the name of your state? MD

In Sept., 2000, someone hit my car and I was pregnant. I thought everything would be fine until two weeks later I went for a sonogram and the doctors told me that the fetus had died at six weeks. I was six weeks when the accident occur. My lawyer unfortunately died and now I'm dealing with his partner who doesn't return any calls. Prior, to my lawyer's death he told me that the insurance company denied the claim, that the accident wasn't the cause of the death of the fetus. The insurance company accepted fault and repair my car, but now they do not want to accept that the fetus died because of the accident. The statue of limitation is running out on my case in six month. I would like to change attorneys. Is it too late for me to change attorney, and can I recover by taking the insurance company to court?

Last edited:

spawn_x

Sorry to hear that.

Why did the fetus die?

You can sue them, sure, but proving that it was due to the accident may be tough.

S

scoobet

what about a letter from the gyn stating reason why ur unborn died. so sorry about ur loss. I would think that a letter from them would put weight on the case.

Have u search many attorneys?
U always have the right to go to another - but the prior one MAY charge u for time & paper work if any

how far along were u when the accident happened & how long ago did this happen.

I too am trying to do a malpractice (my dad) so I have been doing some research. NY state -each state is diff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">