• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I request an accounting of funds held in trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nuggets

What is the name of your state? California

My attorney received an advance payment on my behalf from my ins co. for medical costs. After case was settled and the attorney's contingency fees were paid, my ins co. was suppose to be reimbursed by my attorney, who held the money in trust.
He has sent them only half of the amount and is not able to account for the remaining funds, which is over $800.

All of the legal fees have been paid already. My question is, since he's holding the funds on my behalf, do I have a right to request that they be paid back to my ins co., or at least to account for the remainder of the money? Ultimately, the ins co. will demand payment from me if he does not pay them.

Please advise. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">