• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

witedragn97

I was wondering, about two weeks ago, my room mate took my car without my permission while I was at work. His license are suspended. He was involved in an accident and did a hit and run. Actually it was the other guys fault so I guess you could say it was a "got" hit and run. Now I don't want to press charges or anything on my room mate for stealing my car because we've been through a lot together. Besides it would be like me going against Johny Cockran in an OJ Simpson trial since his dad is well off and has an extremly good lawyer. As far as my insurance company goes, I have full coverage limited tort. At first they said that the car would be totalled. So I went out and bought a new car. Then they changed it and said that they approved the money to repair it. Well I still owe $2000 on the old one and now owe $8000 on the new one so I asked them if I still had the choice to total it and they said yes. Well they called me back saying that they investigated it and they are denying any coverage on it because they got a statement from me saying that he took the car without my permission, but got one from my room mate saying that I allowed him to drive it. So it was his word against mine. Then I receiced a statement stating that the reason I was denied coverage was because I allowed a suspended licensed driver to drive my car and they sent a copied portion of a policy book with it in writing. But the thing is that the portion that was sent was from a Liability policy. I have Full coverage. So I'm just wondering if I could sue either the insurance company and/or the person who was at fault during the accident. The person who was at fault just tried to sue my room mate for the loss of his car but lost.

H

hexeliebe

Hire an attorney. Which you should have done the minute you found your car involved in an accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">