• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i sue or use my insurance-deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

randomguy

What is the name of your state? CA

One of my vehicle was involved in accident and ther other insurance company refused to pay, they haven't returned call to me or my insurance company but likely it's because the person was excluded from insurance(prohibited form driving the car). The insurance was valid just didn't cover that person that was driving the vehicle. The other vehicle hit our vehicle while we were stopped at red light(automatically their fault)

I got uninstured motorist coverage with deductible.

Q:Do i have to use my insurance uninsured coverage or can i just sue the person involved in the accident.

alnorth

What is the name of your state? CA

One of my vehicle was involved in accident and ther other insurance company refused to pay, they haven't returned call to me or my insurance company but likely it's because the person was excluded from insurance(prohibited form driving the car). The insurance was valid just didn't cover that person that was driving the vehicle. The other vehicle hit our vehicle while we were stopped at red light(automatically their fault)

I got uninstured motorist coverage with deductible.

Q:Do i have to use my insurance uninsured coverage or can i just sue the person involved in the accident.
You can go either way, sue him, or claim on your uninsured coverage. If you make the claim on your insurance, they would pay off minus deductible. Then they would subrogate against the other driver, and sue him to get their money back that they have to pay you. If they collect, they will pay you your deductible.

Unless you like going to court and trying to collect a judgement, I'd take the easy way out, make the claim, and let your insurance company do the work for you.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">