• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Be Sued? Do I Need A Lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

micham42

What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

I WAS DRIVING A CO WORKER INTO WORK ON A SNOWY DAY, SLIPPED ON BLACK ICE--REAR OF CAR HIT A TREE. WE EMERGED UNSCATHED--DID NOT NEED AN AMBULANCE, AIRBAGS DID NOT DEPLOY BUT CAR (SENTRA PIECE OF TINFOIL) WAS TOTALED. TROOPER ARRIVED ON SCENE 1 HOUR LATER; GAVE ME A TICKET(!) WHICH I AM FIGHTING.
CO WORKER HAS NOT BEEN TO WORK FOR A MONTH, HAS PREVIOUS HISTORY OF BACK SURGERY, NOW CLAIMING NEW INJURY (L4,L5 NEEDS FUSED) .HAVE A FEELING SHE WILL TRY TO SUE, SHOULD I BE PREPARED WITH A LAWYER?

S

shell007

micham42 said:
What is the name of your state? PENNSYLVANIA

I WAS DRIVING A CO WORKER INTO WORK ON A SNOWY DAY, SLIPPED ON BLACK ICE--REAR OF CAR HIT A TREE. WE EMERGED UNSCATHED--DID NOT NEED AN AMBULANCE, AIRBAGS DID NOT DEPLOY BUT CAR (SENTRA PIECE OF TINFOIL) WAS TOTALED. TROOPER ARRIVED ON SCENE 1 HOUR LATER; GAVE ME A TICKET(!) WHICH I AM FIGHTING.
CO WORKER HAS NOT BEEN TO WORK FOR A MONTH, HAS PREVIOUS HISTORY OF BACK SURGERY, NOW CLAIMING NEW INJURY (L4,L5 NEEDS FUSED) .HAVE A FEELING SHE WILL TRY TO SUE, SHOULD I BE PREPARED WITH A LAWYER?
Did you have insurance?

S

shell007

micham42 said:
Yes I Did Have Full Coverage Insurance On My Vehicle.
Great!!! :) :)

If she sues...it will go through your insurance company. They will most likely have an attorney represent you in defending the case. The insurance company will try and settle this claim within your policy limits.

Stand by for more advice.

micham42

Can I Be Sued Do I Need A Lawyer?

Thanks!!! I Guess My Insurance Will Go Through The Roof Because Of That. I Wish There Was A Way To Fight Her Claim

T

Trucking Mad

micham42 said:
Thanks!!! I Guess My Insurance Will Go Through The Roof Because Of That. I Wish There Was A Way To Fight Her Claim
Like the other post stated your Ins. Co. should handle this claim for the accident. Thats what you pay all that money for.
Why would you want to fight her claim, if she were injured due to an unfortunate event IE (accident)?
You stated you received a ticket, what is the ticket for? :cool:

lwpat

You need to contact an attorney and fight the ticket. Your insurance company will not fight the ticket, that is your responsibility. That attorney can also advise you of the laws in your state regarding passengers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">