• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I teach these guys a lesson?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Will Lopez

my cousin was in an auto accident. he was rear ended. the insurance company sent a check to the body shop where they would fix his car. So he went, and they told him that they had not recieved a check. He called the insurance company, and they sent him a copy of the check that had already been cashed. the body place had forged his signature to cash the check. Now he wants to know if he can screw this place for fraud??? CA.

[Edited by Will Lopez on 11-21-2000 at 02:22 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Will Lopez said:
my cousin was in an auto accident. he was rear ended. the insurance company sent a check to the body shop where they would fix his car. So he went, and they told him that they had not recieved a check. He called the insurance company, and they sent him a copy of the check that had already been cashed. the body place had forged his signature to cash the check. Now he wants to know if he can screw this place for fraud??? CA.

[Edited by Will Lopez on 11-21-2000 at 02:22 PM]

My response:

Yes. Go to your nearest police station, and have the police take a report. Then, take the report to your nearest Criminal Courts building, and go the the D.A.'s office to fill out, and file, a criminal complaint form and sign it, attaching a copy of the police report. Then, go down the block to the Small Claims court, and file a Civil Action against the body shop to sue them for return of YOUR money. Bring your checkbook for the filing fees. Lastly, call the 800 operator, 1-800-555-1212, and ask for the toll free number for the Bureau of Automotive Repair in Sacramento. Ask them to send you complaint forms, and fill those out also. Send them back. The Bureau will REALLY toast their butts.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">