• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can Mass auto insurer refuse to renew my policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frkoalsh

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

hi,
I recently recieved a letter of cancellation from my auto insurer saying that they will not renew my collision and comprehensive coverage on my truck next policy because I had 2 motorcycles stolen last year. I have been searching all day but i can't find any law or statue / cmr that allows them to do this. it is not my fault someone stole my motorcycles. It is my understanding that in mass you can't be denied auto insurance coverage. I have appealed the cancellation and i have a hearing with the division of insurance and my insurers attorneys. can anyone help? thanx

JT

tammy8

Insurance companies must offer you liability but it is their choice to offer comp and collison. You will get no where trying to get physical damage coverage back with your current company. Just start looking into other companies. Good luck!

tammy8 said:
Just start looking into other companies. Good luck!
And when you do start looking for new insurance, you will need to disclose the 2 stolen motorcycles. The new company will run a CLUE report & they will most likely show up as claims paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">