• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my auto insurance company stick me with reconditioned wheels? (Mine were stolen.)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tg1234

What is the name of your state? MA

I live in Massachusetts. My wheels and tires were stolen while my car was parked in my driveway. The wheels (rims) are expensive to replace new from the Acura dealership. The Insurance adjuster has sent me a statement saying that they're estimating replacement of the wheels based on prices for reconditioned wheels. I plan on selling the car and want new wheels.

Doesn't auto insurance guarantee REPLACEMENT COST with NEW parts? Can I do anything about this?

Thank you,

Tom

T

tg1234

Re: Wheels Stolen

thank you for your response.

the rims were very nice (mint) Acura-issued equipment that were on the car since 1998 but never saw a winter because i use snow tires 6 mos. out of the year - sometimes longer because i procrastinate rotating the snow tires with the performance tires. anyway . . . none of that matters to them, i'm sure.

i asked the question because my limited understanding of auto insurance is that you get replacement cost for a loss. if i had a damaged quarter panel, they wouldn't send me hunting for a used replacement part would they?

does the claim appraisal solely depend on the wear and tear even after only 2.5 years of use?

Tom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">