• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can one fight an at-fault ticket w/ no witnesses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seekjust05

What is the name of your state? NY

My husband has had a spotless driving record, but today was hit at a roundabout in the passenger rear door by a driver who swerved out of her lane while cutting to to the left (he was driving in the left lane). The officer issued a ticket after hearing the other driver's account, and refused to listen to my husband, even accusing him of being a liar (eventhough he hadn't had the opportunity to make his case, which seemed open and shut at the time).

There were no witnesses, but the manner in which the ticket was issued was clearly unjust, as both sides of the story were not presented or considered. What can my husband do to salvage his driving record and avoid an increase in insurance premiums on our now worthless car? Is there any way to fight the ticket? (He has pictures of the damage)

stephenk

he can explain what happened at court. if the other driver does not show up, your husband may have a good chance of winning.

your hubby can also ask to go to traffic school. that would eliminate the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">