• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can the police have my car towed away for no reason?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HONEYPUCKR

my car broke down on my way to work. i had it pushed off onto the side of the road. i came back after work to get the car, and it was gone. i called police, they said it was towed, and i do not understand how this can be legal. i have no money to be paying to get car back!i was safe, i was not long to return to the car, and now....what do i do now????

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HONEYPUCKR said:
my car broke down on my way to work. i had it pushed off onto the side of the road. i came back after work to get the car, and it was gone. i called police, they said it was towed, and i do not understand how this can be legal. i have no money to be paying to get car back!i was safe, i was not long to return to the car, and now....what do i do now????
My response:

Obviously your State (you know, the one you didn't tell us the name of) has laws against abandoned cars on their roadways.

So, because you didn't have a towing service, like AAA, you'll have to pay the towing and storage expenses, plus the cost of your repairs that got you into this mess in the first place.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">