• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this void my speeding ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MenBiller

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I Received a speeding ticket a month ago, and on the side of the citation there's a box that says "DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE." The state trooper put several lines through the box, and part of a circle. Would I be able to use this in a case as grounds for dismissal of the charge?

btw, this that would be my plan B. I plan on pleading not guilty tomorrow at the intitial hearing, and trying to bargain with the prosecuting attorney into getting me a lesser charge and paying the same fine. I've heard of others doing this, how exactly is it done, and what tips do you have if any? Thanks in Advance, Ben

HomeGuru

MenBiller said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

I Received a speeding ticket a month ago, and on the side of the citation there's a box that says "DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE." The state trooper put several lines through the box, and part of a circle. Would I be able to use this in a case as grounds for dismissal of the charge?

**A: yes, as you could use the Iowa traffic code section that states that a state trooper must not deface the ticket with satanic symbols representing icons from Black Sabbath.

btw, this that would be my plan B. I plan on pleading not guilty tomorrow at the intitial hearing, and trying to bargain with the prosecuting attorney into getting me a lesser charge and paying the same fine. I've heard of others doing this, how exactly is it done, and what tips do you have if any? Thanks in Advance, Ben

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">