• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can we be sued for an accident in a company vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aprilerickson

What is the name of your state? Ca

My husband was driving a company worktruck and rear ended a car in a construction zone on the freeway. That car, in turn, rear ended the car in front of him. Both parties are now suing the company for injury and damages. My concern is that they may also be able to sue my husband for the same, especially if they do not win in the lawsuit against the company. Does anyone know if my husband can, in fact, be sued? I am also wondering, if this is the case, is it the company's insurance that he was covered by while he was driving? Would that mean that lawyers would be appointed to represent us from the company's insurance? Any information would be very helpful, I am getting a little nervous!!

A

aprilerickson

Thanks for the information. That was what I was afraid of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">