• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cant get a claim on a damaged shipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

postems

i am in CA and i bought an antique in VA. i paid a local packing company to pack it and ship it and this also included insurance. i rec'd it damaged and the company is telling me that they cant give me their insurance company info and that furthermore since the item wasnt "totally" damaged that the insurance company says that they would only pay part of the insured value. furthermore, the actual shipping/frieght company has done an offical report that says it was the way it was packaged not the way it was shipped. this all sounds very fishy. i think that maybe they never insured my antique, or they have collected and arent telling me. i dont see how they cant give me the insurance info and let me speak with the insurance company. this company has been dishonest and difficult the entire time and i dont know how to handle them anyomre, especially since its out of state. i have everything documented well, and have all reciepts. please help....any info would be great.

ALawyer

If the local packing company as part of a chain, like as franchisee of Mailboxes, etc., contact the headquarters of the firm.

If it is not, you may want to contact the better business bureau in the shipper's area, or the state or local consumer protection agency.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">