• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

preguntona

I was hit 11/25/02 on my right side in Aurora,IL.Faxed the police report,vehicle damage estimate to the other party's insurance.Felt some neck and upper back pain that i din't have before the accident but didn't pay much attention to it.Haven't seen a doctor since it happened cause i thought i was fine.Is it too late to claim for bodily injury since i didn't go to the doctor right away. It has only been a week though.I have no medical insurance.Will my doctor wait til i win the case if i have any?

JETX

"Is it too late to claim for bodily injury since i didn't go to the doctor right away."
** No. However, your delay may make the claim subject to a little more question, if the injury is in fact accident related, it would still be considered.

"Will my doctor wait til i win the case if i have any?"
** No one can answer this one for you. Call your doctor and ask.

K

Kevin O'Keefe

Please do a see a doctor now. The type of injury you sustained is called a hyperextension-flexion injury of the neck. Most folks make a complete reecovery but a significant percentage of people with these injuries suffer from residual problems. Agressive early treatment reduces the chance of residual problems dramatically.

So first, do make a doctors appointment as soon as possible. On payment, the car in which were driving or a passenger may well have medical payments coverage - that pays medical bills no matter who is at fault. In addition doctors/clinics will often treat and take a lien on the claim for payment of bills.

Talk to a good personal injury lawyer in your town to clarify these issues. You can talk with the best at no expense and then decide how to proceed, including whether to hire the lawyer or another one. Choose a lawyer not by slick ads but by finding a good plaintiff's trial lawyer who specilaizes in representing injured people. Begin with members of your state trial lawyers association or the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.

If you have any trouble getting names, ask me or another lawyer here to get you some names of good local lawyers.

- Kevin

P

preguntona

Many thanks!!!

Many thanks for your knowledge, Halket and Kevin O'Keefe and of course also thank you for the time you take to answer all of our questions. Surely, your knowledge and time is our gift.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">