• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justus

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Last October my husband and I were hit. We were traveling north on a two lane road. A guy pulled from a stop sign and hit the drivers side rear bumper of our car. I had just had a baby, four days earlier. At that time the baby was in ICU and it was a VERY stressful time for us and the accident added more. We immediately took our car to the body shop and had them start repairs. The total bill was 1914.25. I was in physical therapy until the end of November, for lower back injury resulting from the accident. I went to physical therapy a total of 6 times and to my doctor twice. I live in a rural area and had to travel about 1hr each way to get to and from the physical therapy clinic, plus take my two year old and newborn to their grandma's house to be babysat. At the time my husband and I had only one car and so we had to car pool. When I had to go to physical therapy and the doctor, I was literally gone from 7am to 6:30pm. My medical bills are around 1200. I am a stay at home mom.

I had originally called my obstetricians office to make sure my back pain wasn't from delivery and they said absolutely not. The adjuster is trying to settle our case for just a few hundred dollars, which we think is totally unfair due to the extra stress, the time lost with my kids, and the fact that 8 days in a little over a month period, I wasn't able to do my "job," which is to stay home and take care of my kids and the house.

The adjuster told me that there is no compensation allowed for time for stay at home mom's, but that if I had been working outside the home they would compensate me. She also said that it's not their fault that I had to pick my husband up from work and drop him off. I understand that but it's not MY fault that I had to do that either, it's their insured's fault. She also implied today that my injuries could have been from having the baby. We feel like I should be compensated for my time, stress, daycare costs, etc. The adjuster say's notta. What are you supposed to get compensated for and what the heck to stay at home mom's get when they're put out like this?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

justus said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

Last October my husband and I were hit. We were traveling north on a two lane road. A guy pulled from a stop sign and hit the drivers side rear bumper of our car. I had just had a baby, four days earlier. At that time the baby was in ICU and it was a VERY stressful time for us and the accident added more. We immediately took our car to the body shop and had them start repairs. The total bill was 1914.25. I was in physical therapy until the end of November, for lower back injury resulting from the accident. I went to physical therapy a total of 6 times and to my doctor twice. I live in a rural area and had to travel about 1hr each way to get to and from the physical therapy clinic, plus take my two year old and newborn to their grandma's house to be babysat. At the time my husband and I had only one car and so we had to car pool. When I had to go to physical therapy and the doctor, I was literally gone from 7am to 6:30pm. My medical bills are around 1200. I am a stay at home mom.

I had originally called my obstetricians office to make sure my back pain wasn't from delivery and they said absolutely not. The adjuster is trying to settle our case for just a few hundred dollars, which we think is totally unfair due to the extra stress, the time lost with my kids, and the fact that 8 days in a little over a month period, I wasn't able to do my "job," which is to stay home and take care of my kids and the house.

The adjuster told me that there is no compensation allowed for time for stay at home mom's, but that if I had been working outside the home they would compensate me. She also said that it's not their fault that I had to pick my husband up from work and drop him off. I understand that but it's not MY fault that I had to do that either, it's their insured's fault. She also implied today that my injuries could have been from having the baby. We feel like I should be compensated for my time, stress, daycare costs, etc. The adjuster say's notta. What are you supposed to get compensated for and what the heck to stay at home mom's get when they're put out like this?
**A: you need to hire a PI attorney like yesterday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">