• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

David Beigh

I was involved in a car accident in 1994. There was three other cars involved. The first car pulled in front and stopped. This caused me, which I was the last person in line to hit. I was selling my car at the time, cause I had another vehicle. I did not have insurance on the vehicle I was driving at the time.Everybody was fine afterwards. Than someone came runnig across the the street and said he seen everything, and the person in the first car had double whiplash. This person sued me for 10,000 dollars including interest. I had set up a payment plan to pay the persons insurance company the settlement. I had thought it was payed off, but I recently got a letter saying the insurance company filed a judgement against me for 1900 dollars. I could not than afford a lawyer and still cannot afford to. What can I do?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

This was in 1994? The statute of limitations has since run (only have 1 year to sue) and you can use this as your defense. In other words, they can't sue you because time has run out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">