• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cronica

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? N.C.
I was in an accident, 12/1/2005.
My car was hit on right side. Other driver was at fault.
My car was new had only couple thousand miles.
Can i get my car replaced since it only had few miles.
Now I have to pay for a damanged car.

rmet4nzkx

Do you/other party have insurance?
Have you made your insurance claims and obtained the police reports attributing falt to the other party?
WHat has your insurance adjuster said?
Insurance pays to repair a car or if totaled to replace at a certain value.

cronica

car accident

I have insurance, the other driver has insurance.
The police report stated other driver at fault, ticket was written for, usafe
movement.
I have about 5000 to 6000 in damange to my car.
Other drivers ins.co. did offer to lease me a car, to drive, But I am sore so I haven't picked it up at this time.
My car was new, only bought in Jan. of 05.
Now it will always be wrecked in my mind.

JETX

cronica said:
Are your damages your fault?? If your insurance is paying, then you would have to have 'full replacement' insurance.
If you are claiming on the other drivers insurance, they only have to repair or replace, whichever is cheaper.

T

Trucking Mad

cronica said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? N.C.
I was in an accident, 12/1/2005.
My car was hit on right side. Other driver was at fault.
My car was new had only couple thousand miles.
Now I have to pay for a damanged car.
The ins. co. will provide for a rental during the amount of time it takes to fix your car. They will fix what was considered to be damaged. They will compensate you for the value of the car (todays value) only if the car is considered totaled (over 60% damaged) which judging from your post is not the case. As far as you being sore (physically?) you will need a lawyer for compensation.

JETX

Trucking Mad said:
The ins. co. will provide for a rental during the amount of time it takes to fix your car.
Where did you get that crap??? Simply, it is NOT true that they WILL provide a rental car.

As a basic rule, if the other driver caused the collision and your car is not safe to operate or is undergoing repairs, you are entitled to a rental car or compensation for the loss of use of your car while it is inoperable. Whether the other driver's insurance company will assist in providing you with a rental car varies from company to company.

Some insurance companies will provide a rental car for your use until your vehicle is repaired. In that case, you generally will not have to pay any money out of your pocket. Other insurance companies will require that you rent a car on your own and the company will reimburse you at a fixed daily rate. This rate usually is fairly low, so you should shop around to get the best rental rate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">