• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missygrl88

What is the name of your state? Lexington, North Carolina

I was envolved in a car accident on Jan. 8, 2006. I have injuries that have taken me out of work. What should I do?

DeltaD

how bad are you injured? how bad is the car? did you get insurance of the other person?
some of my suggestions:
#1 see a doctor
#2 doctor will either suggest you to a chiro or medicine to allieviate pain
#3 get a lawyer who handle car accident/personal injuries
#4 make an insurance claim of the person who hit you
#5 you'll be assigned a personal claim adjuster and that's the person who will handle your case.
#6 ask the body shop to do an estimate for your car (you'll need to sign a work order)
#7 start gathering all of your receipts, documents, pictures, police reports, and get ready to go to trial if he/she doesn't have insurance (same thing I'm doing). people suggest mailing that person and give them 10 days to try to have a settlement out of court, but if you can't take them to court. sue them as many times to take back your lost.
I feel your pain (literally)
g'luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">