• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sally68

Car accident

Dear Sir or Madam:

My brother was in a car accident and the road was icy and slippery. He was approaching a stop sign and could not stop in time because his car was sliding most of the way due to the slippery road. Furthermore, the road was not salted nor sanded to melt the ice. Therefore, his car slipped right into the middle of a t-intersection. A car was coming from his left and the driver saw my brother's car in the middle of the road but he did not attempt stop or sway his car before hitting my borther's vehicle.

The police took my brother's statement but my brother felt that the officer was discrminating against him and he only wrote part of his statement. Now, the couples who hitted my brother's car is suing him for the accident and cause of whip lash to their bodies. What should he do about the lawsuite against him and the discriminating officer. Should he also restate his statement at the police station since he already signed the first one and the accident took place in Alberta, Canada. In addition, their were no witnesses at the time of the accident and the accident took place on a Saturday afternoon at around 2 pm. Since there are no witnesses and it is his words against the 2 couple how could my brother defend himself and tell his side of the story? I would appreciate if you could reply as soon as possible. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Sally

[Edited by sally68 on 12-10-2000 at 12:47 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Just speaking for myself alone, and no other person, this is my opinion.

When a person starts talking about discrimination over a traffic ticket, and an auto accident, I think such person has gone way overboard.

In this case, this writer has made serious allegations without any justification, proof, facts, or examples.

This writer has merely "thrown" the word discrimination into this post. That's it.

When a writer makes such a serious and heinous charge, without the necessary justifications, as stated, and again speaking for myself only, it is my sole opinion that the writer is not entitled to a response on this, or any, issues posed by the post - - until the writer can state facts about such a serious charge.

Therefore, I believe our writer should respond to the issue of "discrimination" first, before any other answer may be given.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">