• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kristy1

State:Nevada

My husband was rear ended by a tractor trailer. The guy was ticketed for failure to pay attention. My husband told the police officer that he wasn't sure how badly he was hurt, because quite honestly he was still scared to death. He drives a tiny car and the trailer driver hit him 4 times.

He went to the hospital on his own, and after about an hour, started really having problems with mobility. So far they said he has problems with tendons and ligaments, and a severe back strain. (I was upset so I can't remember the exact terminology) He brusied his elbows and knees. If he improves in the next few weeks then he won't need an MRI. SO far there has been no improvemnts, they keep injecting something in his back..I think its for anti-inflammatory, I am not sure.

My question is my husband is in the military so we are not out of money for health care, he gets paid even though he is off work, but he does have real pain and suffering, I have to take him to all his appts. since he can't drive. Can you sue just for pain and suffering? I don't want to be mean and sue, but I am tired and worn out from trying to care for him, and work at the same time. All because this man wasn't paying attention! When should I get a lawyer, after he is better or now?

thanks
Kristy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Kristy1 said:
State:Nevada

My husband was rear ended by a tractor trailer. The guy was ticketed for failure to pay attention. My husband told the police officer that he wasn't sure how badly he was hurt, because quite honestly he was still scared to death. He drives a tiny car and the trailer driver hit him 4 times.

He went to the hospital on his own, and after about an hour, started really having problems with mobility. So far they said he has problems with tendons and ligaments, and a severe back strain. (I was upset so I can't remember the exact terminology) He brusied his elbows and knees. If he improves in the next few weeks then he won't need an MRI. SO far there has been no improvemnts, they keep injecting something in his back..I think its for anti-inflammatory, I am not sure.

My question is my husband is in the military so we are not out of money for health care, he gets paid even though he is off work, but he does have real pain and suffering, I have to take him to all his appts. since he can't drive. Can you sue just for pain and suffering? I don't want to be mean and sue, but I am tired and worn out from trying to care for him, and work at the same time. All because this man wasn't paying attention! When should I get a lawyer, after he is better or now?

thanks
Kristy

My response:

Right now !

You should have seen a Personal Injury attorney immediately; but, better late than never.

Besides your husband, you are also entitled to compensation for your husband's loss of services to the marriage, called "Loss of Consortium".

So, make sure your attorney includes you in any claims or lawsuits as a result of the accident.

Good luck, Kristy.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">