• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rodney

My son bought a 1994 Mazada Pick-up from a used car lot, we asked them two different times before we bought the pick-up if it had been in an accident. They told us NO. We recently found out that it had been in a head on collision. What can we do. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since then.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

That is a material misstatement. They must disclose it being in an accident, especially if you asked.

As such, you might be able to cancel the contract and get a full refund.

You didn't mention your state, so I cannot point you to exact statutory law, but this website might help you:

http://www.autopedia.com

Little side note, you might want to post this type of question under contracts and guarantees. : - )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">