• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leez3636

What is the name of your state? MN

My 15 yr old daughter was a passenger in 1995 Chevy suburban. The driver was her 16 yr old friend. I don't have the accident report yet but at the hospital the dr. mention they were playing leap frog with another vehicle of friends. The driver lost control of the truck and my daughter died at the hospital. Neither of the girls were wearing seatbelts. What should I expect from the insurance company? We've heard from them once only to tell us they would get back to us but I feel lost in dealing with them. Any advice or information would be helpful.
LisaWhat is the name of your state?

ecmst12

I'm very sorry for your loss. You may be better off getting a lawyer if only because I'm sure that dealing with money issues from the accident is the LAST thing you want to be doing right now. The at-fault driver's insurance will offer a settlement, but the amount is going to depend on how much coverage there was, and how many people were injured in the accident (in both cars). If both drivers are considered equally at fault (possible), then each driver's insurance will cover their respective passengers.

teflon_jones

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's the unfortunate reality of irresponsible, immature behavior. Can you please explain what "leap frog" is and how your daughter was involved? It sounds like she was willingly involved in dangerous behavior (both the game and the lack of a seat belt) and it could be possible that she is responsible for what happened.

leez3636

Leap frog is when the cars pass each other over and over again on the road. It was a one vehicle roll over the driver lost control of the vehicle after the car behind them passed them. My daughter was the passenger and was found under the car.
The driver walked away from the accident.
Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">