• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident + assault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BazooK

What is the name of your state? New York

Hi, my father was in an car accident, and i was seeking legal advice. My father is a driver, and got into an accident late night( he says it wasn't his fault; kids smashed into him, breaking one of his tires). After the accident the other party becomes hostile and starts shouting threats, they get out of the car with a weapon(wrench) and threaten to kill my father trying to get him out of the car. They smash his driver side window in and the glass shatters cutting his across the head, then they grab his cellphone off of him and destroy it(still have it with blood stains). ANother car comes by and they run away, but my father has their plate number and they are tracking them down now...i was wondering if we could sue them and if so would be hopeful to expect a decent payoff, or at least cover the expenses for damages. BTW, he says they were between 16-18*he thinks.

teflon_jones

Has this been reported to the police? I wouldn't worry about a "payoff", but about getting these kids arrested since they pose a danger to oethers. You're not going to get any money out of this anyway.

BazooK

yeah a police report was filed, already. Yeah i just want them to be caught and have them pay for the damages but whatever happens is ok i suppose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">