• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident --charge for improper lane change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weenarina

What is the name of your state? SC

I was in a car accident last Sept. 6, for improper lane change. I was in the way to work, I'm in the right lane I observe the left lane and I notice that I can merge, so I start turning my left light to merge. I look in my shoulder and still I have space to merge. When I start to merge I look in my left mirror that the car looks like running too fast so I tried to go back in my lane because I know she's going to hit me. Its too late when my car is out of control she hit me in the back, eventhough I didnt saw it but I feel the impact on my car because the car is out of control. I have a L1 fructure due to that accident and I need to wear my brace for 4 months. :( The police officer charge me at fault.

What is my legal right? I know by the law I'm at fault because I'm the one who is merging and I dont feel that I'm guilty, because I do what the driver book says about merging.

Please help me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">