• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident due to open man hole cover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chloedonna4

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? New York

Is a town responsible for maintaining safe roads. I recently drove into an open man hole and it caused over a thousand dollars worth of damage to my car. I submitted a claim to the city council and it was denied. How can they not take responsibility?
What would have happened if someone fell in it? I plan to pursue this. Please educate me on this topic.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chloedonna4 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? New York

Is a town responsible for maintaining safe roads. I recently drove into an open man hole and it caused over a thousand dollars worth of damage to my car. I submitted a claim to the city council and it was denied. How can they not take responsibility?
What would have happened if someone fell in it? I plan to pursue this. Please educate me on this topic.

My response:

When you go for your free consultation with a personal injury attorney, ask him or her about "Notice" requirements, and ask about "Governmental Immunities". These are both going to be hard pills to swallow, and both are too lengthy to explain on a forum such as this.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">