• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident - Florida - questions about covering repair costs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lane

I was involved in a car accident in Tampa, FL. It was not my fault. The "Honda" that caused this accident may not have insurance, the police have not found out if the "Honda" is insured or not. The problem is that I do not have insurance either. There is approximately $4000 worth of damage to my car.

First question is, will i be responsible for paying for the damages of car if the "Honda" is not insured??? I assume I will be since I don't have an insurance company to cover this.

Second question is, can I apply for insurance now and have that insurance company cover me for this accident???

Third question is, can I take the driver of the Honda to court??? Can I sue them for the cost of my repairs, if they don't have an insurance company to cover the costs???

Last question is, if I win the court case to cover my repair costs and the "Honda" is unable to pay these costs in one lump sum, does that mean I will not receieve a full payment; but instead multiple smaller payments???

Thanks for any help you can provide.

L

lawrat

1. yes
2. no
3. yes,yes
4. maybe, or you can attempt to attach his assets and sell those.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">