• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mike789

Five years ago, when I was 16, I was involved in a car accident.The girl behind me rearended me and I rearended the people in front of me.At the scene of the accident the people I hit were fine.They never went to the hospital.The other day I receive a summons that the people I hit insurance company is suing me for $25,000.Instead of there being a court date it just says to respond in writing within 20 days to the plaintiffs lawyer.What do I write and is this legal to wait 5 years, even though I was 16 when it happened?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

5 years is way past the statute of limitations. What the lawyer is seeking is an answer to the complaint.

Contact your insurance company and make them defend it.

M

Mike789

I should add that I got a ticket for failure to use due cause. The girl behind me did not get a ticket because she went to the hospital, and was not there when the officer wrote up the ticket. Does this make a difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">