• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident/ insurance ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

questiongirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?oregon

My hubby and our car were in an accident. The driver of the car that hit him, first hit our car than hit my husband, who was standing outside of the car than hit a van with a family of 6. The hitter has min. coverage for oregon which is $25,000 med per person with $50,000 limit and $10,000 property damage. Fixing our car is estimated at $8100, we don't know the cost to fix the van but the hitters insurance company is already complaining that there isn't enough to go around. What happens if he doesn't have enough insurance money to go around? Do we have to pay for it, does the hitter, or does our insurance cover what isn't covered?

My husbands medical has reached $10,000 already and he's not done, what happens if his medical goes over $25,000. We would like to get an attorney for pain and suffering but is the limit connected to the 25,000 limit per person?

thanks,
cristin

shortbus

Call your insurance company and check on your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If you have it, file your whole claim with your ins co and let them negotiate with the other driver's carrier. If you don't, get a lawyer, pronto, because there'll be a race to get the money out of the other carrier before it hits the policy limits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">