• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident Involving Another Driver Using My Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starblinkee

hi! so im hoping someone can help me out here...about 4 months ago a "friend" of mine took my car, when i was not with him, and when he was drunk, and wrecked it, resulting in totaling my vehicle. he was arrested and charged for several things, inlcuding dui, wreckless driving, and fleeing the scene. he got all the charges but the dui dropped and has since never paid me for the damages he owes me. my car did not have collision on it and so my insurance company would not cover it. they also said that had i had collision they probably still wouldn't have paid it bc there was "implied permission" bc hours earlier i had let him use my car. i am wondering what i can do to get this money he owes me back. since he is a "friend" of mine i originally did not want to involve the law, but i have asked about it every day since it happened and he either avoids it completely or tells me some lie and then walks away. any help would really be appreciated, i just really don't know what to do. thanks a lot, oh and i live in montana.

seniorjudge

starblinkee said:
hi! so im hoping someone can help me out here...about 4 months ago a "friend" of mine took my car, when i was not with him, and when he was drunk, and wrecked it, resulting in totaling my vehicle. he was arrested and charged for several things, inlcuding dui, wreckless driving, and fleeing the scene. he got all the charges but the dui dropped and has since never paid me for the damages he owes me. my car did not have collision on it and so my insurance company would not cover it. they also said that had i had collision they probably still wouldn't have paid it bc there was "implied permission" bc hours earlier i had let him use my car. i am wondering what i can do to get this money he owes me back. since he is a "friend" of mine i originally did not want to involve the law, but i have asked about it every day since it happened and he either avoids it completely or tells me some lie and then walks away. any help would really be appreciated, i just really don't know what to do. thanks a lot, oh and i live in montana.
You will have to sue your friend for the dollar amount of damages he caused you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">