• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident - no fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

USXoxol

I'm from New York state and I had a car accident in June, 2004. I have basic liability insurance coverage.
One of the cars on the two-lane highway made a dangerous move and that's what happened then: the car in the left lane didn't maintain safe distance and hit the car in front of it sliding in my (right) lane. So I hit that car from the rear. Police was too laisy at the scene so they didn't write in the report who was in which lane. In the amendment to police report, which I demanded, they wrote that I stated at the scene that I'd been in the right lane. The driver of the vehicle I hit said her insurance company that I hit her from the rear and furthermore drove her in the car in front of her. As a result, my car is total loss and my claim to her insurance company was declined.
I filed a claim in a small slaims court but after hearing the case was dismissed without payments because there're no witnesses in court and police came to the scene only after accident.
Summarizing, I was at absolutely no fault and my car is total loss. Do I have any chances to get money for my car from insurance company or that's it??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">