• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident No Insurance???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carmen03

About 3 weeks ago my boyfriend truck was hit by another truck that ran a red light. My boyfriends truck is totalled, he does not have full coverage insurance therefore his insurance told him that there is nothing they can do. The driver that hit my boyfriends truck took off running and left his truck 2000 F150 at the scene of the accident, there are witnesses and a police report. The police search the truck for any insurance information but didn't find anything, we called the owner of the truck and he refused to give us any information. Is there a way of finding out wether this person has insurance or not and if they don't have insurance can we sue them? We know hey live in a house, is there anything we can do if they have homeowners insurance? Please help on this matter. My boyfriend has just paid off his truck and that is why his cancel his full coverage? Thank you!

stephenk

you can file suit against the owner of the truck for the value of damages. If you win you can collect from the owner. If the owner is insured he will notify his carrier of the claim.

Did the police arrest the truck owner?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">