• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident with no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RaeTheLord

What is the name of your state?TX

My roomate has had a car accident recently. We just turned to exit a highway and due to the shape of the exit (a small hill), by the time he slowed down or noticed the state of the traffic, he ended up slightly hitting the bumper of a car stopped on the road due to traffric jams. It seems it is his fault but the problem now is his insurance company dropped him shortly before the incident, without notifying him, for late payments.
Now in the other car, the driver said she was being treated for neck pain before the incident, but said to feel a bit worse thereafter. She declined going to the hospital though, since it was not that bad.
My roomate's case is now an uninsured driver's one, I guess. And I am wondering what he is risking, due to the small damages to the other bumper. What should his statements to the other insurance company be, how bad is the situation, and what steps should he take?

Your roommate will probably lose his drivers license now for being an uninsured driver involved in an accident. He will be required to provide an SR22 to the State of Texas for at least 2 years. If he was unable to pay his insurance before this happened, it is very doubtful that he will be able to afford it now.

Also, the insurance company is required by law to provide notice that his insurance is to be cancelled on a certain date. You can rest assured that the insurance company did exactly what the law requires them to do.

If he had paid his bill then he would not have to worry now. This is the price that he must pay for being irresponsible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">