• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident, no report, burned car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carmencita187

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My mom was in a car accident and didn't file a report. The guy who hit her gave her all his information and said he would fix the car. My mom drove it to his business store where he would then tow it himself to his dad's body shop. However nothing ever happened because he called my mom an hour later and told her that the van was stolen. He had taked full responsibility for the van and later tells us he doesnt know how it happened. As soon as my mom was going to make the report for the accident and stolen vehicle, a cop came to our house and told us the van was burned, they found it a couple of blocks away from where it was. Since the cop told us there was no use of a report, my mother hasn't reported the accident. We only have liability insurance, and the other guy has full cover, we have a copy of his insurance, and all his information. Is it of any help? or did we lose the only car we have? what can I do? I would like to sue him but I have no proof since my mom has no reports!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">