• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident, other driver has no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zenmasterbert

What is the name of your state? Michigan

ok I got into a accident today, the girl i hit has no insurence at all. her car is a junker 96' grand am worth around 700 (she said that price) dammage to hers will cost around 1500+.

she said i could give her 500-700 and buy the car from her and take the title. we didn't file a police report. all she has is my cell number. I wanna do whats right but if file a report and have my insurence (AAA) take's care of it. i'll get a ticket and paying a higher premium. On my car i only need a new front bumber and a left fender.

I have a friend who is good with cars so we could fix it for less then my deductible. what should I do? give her 500 take the junker, scrap it and be done with it? is there anything i need to look out for?

sorry about being all over the place but I'm a cluster Fu*k right now. please help thanx

S

shell007

zenmasterbert said:

ok I got into a accident today, the girl i hit has no insurence at all. her car is a junker 96' grand am worth around 700 (she said that price) dammage to hers will cost around 1500+. she said i could give her 500-700 and buy the car from her and take the title. we didn't file a police report. all she has is my cell number. I wanna do whats right but if file a report and have my insurence (AAA) take's care of it. i'll get a ticket and paying a higher premium. On my car i only need a new front bumber and a left fender. I have a friend who is good with cars so we could fix it for less then my deductible. what should I do? give her 500 take the junker, scrap it and be done with it? is there anything i need to look out for? sorry about being all over the place but I'm a cluster Fu*k right now. please help thanx
If you don't work with her on a settlement, SHE WILL file with your insurance company in order to be compensated appropriately, and she has EVERY RIGHT to do so.

With that being said, the property portion may be settled, but personal injury IS NOT. This would be a completely different claim.

S

shell007

zenmasterbert said:
ok what about no fult law in michigan? i don't think she can do carp without insurence
OOOPS! I'll look it up. Sorry!

Stand by...maybe someone else will be along in the mean time. :)

seagoing

Just a suggestion.Did you do a Kelly blue book value on her car. 700 might be low ,if it runs and looks ok.maybe you can buy the car for agreed price.If you get car and title and it still works ,might be a plus. But to protect yourself,again suggestion,write up an agreement of aminor fender bender with neither party claiming injuries and get it notorized.,You both signing andretaining copies.

zenmasterbert

She wants to do it after she gets off work tonight...do i have time to wright somthing up,whats up with getting it notorized? could someone please whip me up a agreement leaving the importent areas black for me to fill in (like a template?) I would be forever indebted to you. please help a young guy out thanx again.

moburkes

zenmasterbert said:

ok I got into a accident today, the girl i hit has no insurence at all. her car is a junker 96' grand am worth around 700 (she said that price) dammage to hers will cost around 1500+.

she said i could give her 500-700 and buy the car from her and take the title. we didn't file a police report. all she has is my cell number. I wanna do whats right but if file a report and have my insurence (AAA) take's care of it. i'll get a ticket and paying a higher premium. On my car i only need a new front bumber and a left fender.

I have a friend who is good with cars so we could fix it for less then my deductible. what should I do? give her 500 take the junker, scrap it and be done with it? is there anything i need to look out for?

sorry about being all over the place but I'm a cluster Fu*k right now. please help thanx
With no fault, you each repair your own vehicles. However, she can sue you for her deductible back. Make sure that you have her sign some type of paperwork that releases you from all liability once she accepts the settement.

zenmasterbert

how does this look

In aggreement by both parties involved,

(her)___________________ consent to recieve this 500.00 payment in total for any and all damages incurred to her vechicle on June 22,2006.

This payment absolves ___me____ of ALL present and future claims against him in regards to this Incident.

Recieved on ___________

anything i should add? with this be ok?

xxuanxx

Swift settlement for $500 would be best option. The text above looks fine. Just check to make sure the title is in her name, and while at the Notary Public for the title, have the agreement notorized too.

acmb05

zenmasterbert said:
how does this look

In aggreement by both parties involved,

(her)___________________ consent to recieve this 500.00 payment in total for any and all damages incurred to her vechicle and/or person on June 22,2006.

This payment absolves ___me____ of ALL present and future claims against him in regards to this Incident.

Recieved on ___________

anything i should add? with this be ok?

I would add "and/or person after the vehicle as I have done above in highlights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">