• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drizzt240

I'm 17 years-old and have a provisional license in the state of California. Last week I was driving my moms big truck in a small parking garage. While trying to park the truck I think I may have hit a car. I MAY have hit it. To be honest I'm not sure. The car was an old slug bug (like Herbie). It was very old and rusty. It had dents and scratches all over the vehicle so I can't be sure that I hit it. As this happen the owner of the car came out and claimed in a very polite manner that I had hit her car. Now, I had recently got in a car accident and parents had barely found confidence to let me drive again. I couldn't let them find out about this. When she prompted for my insurance, I asked her if I could give her 200 dollars instead. I told her I could have the money in a week. I gave her my License I.D. number and my cell phone number. I am sure she didn't get the License plate number. After veiwing my Mom's truck I am starting to doubt I hit her at all. I am thinking about not paying her. If I don't pay her can she pull legal action?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">