• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident & Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xyz1234

What is the name of your state? NJ

I had an accident in Feb'03. Had a wrist fracture in the left hand. Still in pain. Still 2 of my fingers dont bend and one has contracture. Wrist is still in lot of pain.
My lawyer says ive a max on my insurance of 250k. But he says the settlement may be less than 100k. I dont understand. I read in papers everyday that someone spills coffee on them and they get 1Mil. ??? Im in so much pain all along. Ive got disability from state. but now have started work. im into computer software.

What doyou think should be a fair settlement ?

Thanks!!

K

knotcops

xyz1234 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I had an accident in Feb'03. Had a wrist fracture in the left hand. Still in pain. Still 2 of my fingers dont bend and one has contracture. Wrist is still in lot of pain.
My lawyer says ive a max on my insurance of 250k. But he says the settlement may be less than 100k. I dont understand. I read in papers everyday that someone spills coffee on them and they get 1Mil. ??? Im in so much pain all along. Ive got disability from state. but now have started work. im into computer software.

What doyou think should be a fair settlement ?

Thanks!!
Just because some attorney was able to get 1mil for a coffee spill doesn't mean YOUR going to get sqaut! Every case is different.

We need more info here. What type of accident was this, auto, industrial etc. Is someone else at fault here? More info please.

X

xyz1234

Auto Accident. I got a total on the Car. The other person was at fault. The police report says that. His and my insurance companies are the same !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">