• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car accident in small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stella26

From Guam, USA: I was in a two car accident, the other person was found at fault. the other party contested the police report and i was advised by my insurance company to take them to small claims court because the damage was estimated at 690, my deductible is 500. When i decided to go to small claims court ,i asked if i canfile a subrogation in case if i lost the other party can claim on my insurance and not on me. my car insurance let me file a subrogation against my claim so that i can get my car fixed. I was supposed to tell my insurance the verdict of the hearing so that they can collect from the other persons insurance. but at trial the judge said i had no case because my car was fixed. he was upset that my insurance used me so that they wouldnt have to hire an attorney. He agreed though that i was not at fault. Can i be compensated for anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">