• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddh

I was involved in a car accident and the guy that hit me admitted fault after the accident
and on my voice mail saying (he could not pay for the damages so he is going to report it to his insurance agent) I gave a recorded statement (mistake) and told them that I switched lanes and I was esablished in the lane for about 5 to 10 seconds then there was a 3 car accident in front of me I stopped the vehicle and was hit from behind.
The insurance company said that he said he was going about 30 mph and that I cut him off
and he hit his brakes and I did not give him time enough to stop. My frame on my car is bent and the doors on both side don't shut properly. We called police and they did not show up (mistake) the weather conditions were wet and rainy what is my best action to take. This happened

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Your best course of action is to report it to your insurance company and let them settle it out (the two insurance companies).

Next time, never give a recorded statement.

I was approached once to give a recorded statement. Instead, I asked them to send me the questions and I would write the answers out and get back to them in a timely manner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">