• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident - Two Insurance Companies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JimmyD1218

What is the name of your state? Oregon

A Few Questions:

Was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident yesterday in my 1995 Nissan Maxima.
I rear ended a driver on the on ramp to an interstate. My passenger sustained injuries and was taken by ambulance to the ER. He was okay, but has pain from the accident. The worst part is that he was scheduled to take the OR BAR today. If for some reason he does not pass am I liable?

I bought the car last week and ordered insurance coverage through GEICO. They issued a claim number and will be responsible for the medical and damage to the other vehicle. The GEICO policy has liability only so my car, that is now totalled, is a complete loss to me. However I still have insurance on my other car through State Farm. When I contacted them, they stated that I had thirty days and would be covered under that policy. I did mention that I was shopping for insurance, but did not know if I yet had coverage. (I had to verify as my policy was just issued). Can I claim my vehicle loss on my other Insurance?

Can I get payment for my injuries from my insurance, as I cannot work for the next few days, or possibly the rest of the week?

Do I need an attorney?

seniorjudge

JimmyD1218 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

A Few Questions:

Was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident yesterday in my 1995 Nissan Maxima.
I rear ended a driver on the on ramp to an interstate. My passenger sustained injuries and was taken by ambulance to the ER. He was okay, but has pain from the accident. The worst part is that he was scheduled to take the OR BAR today. If for some reason he does not pass am I liable?

I bought the car last week and ordered insurance coverage through GEICO. They issued a claim number and will be responsible for the medical and damage to the other vehicle. The GEICO policy has liability only so my car, that is now totalled, is a complete loss to me. However I still have insurance on my other car through State Farm. When I contacted them, they stated that I had thirty days and would be covered under that policy. I did mention that I was shopping for insurance, but did not know if I yet had coverage. (I had to verify as my policy was just issued). Can I claim my vehicle loss on my other Insurance?

Can I get payment for my injuries from my insurance, as I cannot work for the next few days, or possibly the rest of the week?

Do I need an attorney?
Q: The worst part is that he was scheduled to take the OR BAR today. If for some reason he does not pass am I liable?

A: No.

Q: Can I claim my vehicle loss on my other Insurance? Can I get payment for my injuries from my insurance, as I cannot work for the next few days, or possibly the rest of the week?

A: Ask your insurance agent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">