• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident, unable to work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brent0025

What is the name of your state? Tx

I was involved in a car addident in which I broke my neck, the accident did not occur at work. The job I am currently doing is a type of manual labor. My doctor told me I wont be able to go back to work for at least 3 months until your neck heals.

My question is what type of programs are out there that can compensate me for the next 3 months until I can work again. I tried calling social security and that was a no go, texas workforce commission said the only help people that were wrongfully fired from their job. What gives, there is no way i can go 3 months without any type of income coming in. There has to be some type of programs out there for people in these situations, any ideas? I will starve if i dont have a check come in for 3 months.

Betty

brent0025 said:
What is the name of your state? Tx

I was involved in a car addident in which I broke my neck, the accident did not occur at work. The job I am currently doing is a type of manual labor. My doctor told me I wont be able to go back to work for at least 3 months until your neck heals.

My question is what type of programs are out there that can compensate me for the next 3 months until I can work again. I tried calling social security and that was a no go, texas workforce commission said the only help people that were wrongfully fired from their job. What gives, there is no way i can go 3 months without any type of income coming in. There has to be some type of programs out there for people in these situations, any ideas? I will starve if i dont have a check come in for 3 months.
Was another car involved in the accident? If so, whose fault was the accident?
Do you have car ins. - do they? What type of coverages are on the ins. policies?
Can you give us a little more info re the accident? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">