• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car accident what to expect what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

endure20002000

I reside in the state of wisconsin. The accident occured in the state of washington. An individual pulled out in front of me while I was driving on a county highway. I was traveling within the designated speed limit when struck on the drivers front side by a full size dodge truck. I was traveling at a speed between 35-45 mph. The car was determined to be totalled. I sustained a left shoulder injury that was treated with a kortisone shot. No xrays/cat scans were taken. I did attend physical therapy and took the physicians advice to do conditioning on own. This has work to some degree. I have not done a full workout at gym so do not know if fully healed. I have another appointment later this month. I was and am currently unemployed. Was taking summer off to vacation.
questions
Do I get a cat/xray scan even if I do not feel any more pain?
I am told there is no such thing as typical settlement but how will I know if insurance company is low balling me. What should I be expecting within range.
As one guy told me "getting a lawyer is a pain" not getting a lawyer is even a bigger pain in the ass"
do not feel i need one at this point but just looking for more advice.
Accident occurred on nov19 2005. Still doing conditionning exercises for shoulder...doctor at time believed it to be rotator cuff.
What do you think.....

seniorjudge

endure20002000 said:
I reside in the state of wisconsin. The accident occured in the state of washington. An individual pulled out in front of me while I was driving on a county highway. I was traveling within the designated speed limit when struck on the drivers front side by a full size dodge truck. I was traveling at a speed between 35-45 mph. The car was determined to be totalled. I sustained a left shoulder injury that was treated with a kortisone shot. No xrays/cat scans were taken. I did attend physical therapy and took the physicians advice to do conditioning on own. This has work to some degree. I have not done a full workout at gym so do not know if fully healed. I have another appointment later this month. I was and am currently unemployed. Was taking summer off to vacation.
questions
I am told there is no such thing as typical settlement but how will I know if insurance company is low balling me. What should I be expecting within range.
As one guy told me "getting a lawyer is a pain" not getting a lawyer is even a bigger pain in the ass"
do not feel i need one at this point but just looking for more advice.
Accident occurred on nov19 2005. Still doing conditionning exercises for shoulder...doctor at time believed it to be rotator cuff.
What do you think.....

This is a really bad place to get medical advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">