• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident while Working

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

perseus1206

What is the name of your state? PA, Philadelphia

On December 28th, my wife was involved in a car accident while she was on the job. She is a sales person for a major corp. She was hit on the drivers side and pushed up against the concrete wall (the car was hauled). The driver had crossed the median to get onto the other lane...so the cops came and started yelling at the driver who had hit my wife's car becuase he said that he could cross the median. Anyway, at the time she was in shock (her first ever car accident in 11 years of driving). She went to the Dr the next day with accute pain and bruises all over. We have full coverage insurance but only linit tort, which I just found out that you can not collect for pain and suffering. I had called a lawyer and he noted that "limit tort, no court" and could not help me. How should we proceed with all the medical/rental/etc.,.etc., expenses that we are going to incur for this accident as well as the lost wages? It has been getting really bad (her pain) over the weekend and she is due for a CAT Scan and MRI this week. I would really appreciate any feedback and direction that we can take. Thank you for your time and patience. :(

justalayman

Not sure where your insurance or even you wife's employers insurance comes into play. You sue the other driver and his insurance is who will pay (up to their limit) should you prevail. Anything above that, the other driver would be personally liable for.

In the meantime your wife's or your med insurance should cover the injuries subject to subrogation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">