• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car acident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

filoco2002

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

I asked a similar quaestion yesterday, but i got more info on my case today.
friday, december 23 i traded it in my old car for a new car at the dealership.
The old car had full coverage insurance due to a lienholder. So when i picked up my new car and the dealer switched my plates from the old car to the new one, he told me that i had 7 days to notify my insurance about the new car. But unfortunetly i had an accident on december 25 and my insurance wans't open from december 23 to december 27, so on december 27 i notified my insurance about the car and about the accident. But they said that they can't pay the car because when i bought the car the insurance should have sent the paperwork of the new car to them so they could stamp it and send it back to the dealer...But the insurance told me that they only got the paperwork from the dealer on december 27, 2 days after the accident, and they told me that the dealership could only have given me the car if he got the paperwork from the insurance stamped, instead they sent the paperwork to the insurance, but did not wait to receive the paperwork stamped back from insurance, and then give me the car.So i think it really is the dealer's falt. But all the dealer is telling me is the the insurance has to pay for the car, But insurance is saying they are not going to pay because they did not know anything about my new car. So who should really pay for the car? The insurance? or the dealer for making such mistake? Or should i pay for the damages out of my own pocket? and also should i contact a lawyer? thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">