• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car backed into me as i was pulling into parking spot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loop

What is the name of your state? texas the other person claims that i am at fault for not seeing that she was about to hit me!!!! my passenger door is jacked and her rear bumper is a little messed up. what should i do to get a settlement. she refuses to pay and we never called police. HELP she backed into me!!!!

Last edited:

P

Pfaffing85690

ans what happened exactly?

did you even exchange insurance information?

lwpat

File a claim with your insurance company under your collision coverage and let them go after the other driver. You can then sue her in small claims for your deductible.

L

loop

i only have liability. what scare tactics can i use? my damage is between 1000-1500. i have really been nice trying to work with her. is it too late to file a police report?here is what happened---
she is backing out of a parking space and i am pulling in. as i am pulling in 2 spaces away, she turns her rear bumper into the passenger door of my truck. she tells me that she looked and saw no one and then all of the sudden i was there? bull!!!! i saw her and tried to stay one parking space away so she would have plenty of room. she almost did a backwards u-turn backing up!! any HELP please.

Last edited:
K

kneelj

I was involved in a similar situation in MA. I was backed into in a parking lot causing considerable damage to the rear quarter panel. Also, at the time, I was only carrying liability. Now just because you only have liability, does not mean that your provider will not assist you (and you do not need to file a police report). Contact your provider and make a claim. You'll then need to do the dirty work and contact her provider and make a claim as well. Let them know everything that happened in explicit detail. Since she hit you while turning, she should be found 100% at fault. After you speak with her provider, they will speak to their client and will try to verify fault. If they find her to be 100%, congrats you're all set. You'll need to go to one of their assessors where they will verify damage and offer a settlement. If she is not found 100% at fault, let her provider know that their decision is not acceptable and you are prepared to take them and their client to small claims. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">