• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car/bike accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imbris

What is the name of your state? Idaho
What is the name of your state? Idaho

About one month ago I was hit by a car while riding my bike. The driver was at fault. After the accident I had to go to the emergency room for x-rays. The bike required $250 in repairs. I was in fairly significant pain for about 3 weeks. I was giving a prescription pain killer, but opted to take an over the counter med as I couldn't handle the side effects. I missed about 20-30 hours of class (college) time from which I have not been able to catch-up. The insurance company is now offering to settle for $350 exclusive of the medical bills ($650). I'm not sure what "exclusive of the medical costs means", let alone if I should settle. I know its stupid, but I exhausted and this is the first accident I been in. I don't know how to proceed from here and I hate dealing with the agent (who brushes the whole thing aside as if it were nothing). Plus it’s too late to hire an attorney, which I will do for all future accidents. I'm stuck, I don't know what to do and I've likely screwed my self; I had to drop two classes and my GPA slipped from 3.5 to 1.0 in a matter of weeks and I can't prove it was due to the accident. If there is any advice you could give me I would appreciate it greatly, even if you simply reinforced the fact that I am a complete idiot.

(If the above is to jumbled to understand, please let me know and I will attempt to clarify)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">