• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"as is" car bought, major brake problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tanishadm

What is the name of your state? michigan

my situation is this, i financed a car less than a month ago through a dealership which has "certified pre-owned vehicles" first my service engine light comes on and the car is shaking very badly, then when it snows my front tires lock up and the car wont go anywhere, went to 2 different shops for estimates and they both told me that someone has put something in my brake system line that was not brake fluid and the whole system is contaminated, both told me that a problem like this takes about a month to surface. both also said that i have new brake pads and everything, i didnt get those put on. contacted the dealer they basically said nothing they can do about it since it is an "as-is" sale, is there any laws or anything that can basically make them pay for it or can I return the car and get my down payment back since i have not made my 1st car note payment yet, someone please help me, needless to say its january in michigan so that means snow and lots of it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">