• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desh

What is the name of your state? Ney York
Hi I am having Passat 2000 V6 (50770k miles) I bought used car from my friend. I did get it regular serviced from Volkswagen dealers. After last service, I am getting oil
smell in my car. I took it to dealer and he told me that Oil Leaks and Adice with P&A Checked for Oil Leak-Needs new Cylinder Heads Estimate $6200.00. He is not able to explain me the reason for this.
Sept 2003 I was getting Engine Light on Alarm. I did took it to dealer and he told me its miss fire. My warranty was till 50K. I did talk to Volkswagen. I think something is wrong with last repair and no one is telling me what is reason for this damage.
Please advice me what to do

JETX

"Please advice me what to do"
Get car fixed. Drive. Warranty expired (if even transferable).

D

desh

This problem started after the last service...and I dealer is not telling me what is reason behind it. He told me its very rare problem.
What do you suggest

racer72

What exactly did the dealer do to the car that caused the problem? And did you take the car someplace else that could verify that the service caused the problems?

A

a1cr.a.w2002

have you talked to any one about using it for a trade in???

lwpat

It is possible that the oil plug or oil filter was not properly installed during the last service. This could have resulted in the damage you describe. However the oil light should have come on if this was the case.

There is a VW technical service bulletin about this problem.

1701-02 JUN 01 Engine - Oil leak After Oil Change

Not sure if this is on your particular model. You might want to ask the dealer to give you a copy and talk to an independent mechanic to get another opinion.

You might also check out this site
http://www.lemonaidcars.com/

D

desh

Any please tell me

One thing..My Car Milage current is 50700 and when this thing happened it was 50200. Anyone any idea..How long it takes before both the cylinder head start leaking. I was talking to Volkswagen Customer Care and I was asking them same thing...they don't have answer and even the dealer don't have answer.
My point is it a slow process ? ...if yes then I am trying to tell them that when this problem started car was still in warranty and dealer was not able to detect it.
All comments are welcome.
Looking forward
-regards

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">