• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Dealership Negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deborah55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I stopped to change a tire. Truck tires are 17 inch rims all around.(the spare tire was 16 inch rim) unable to change the tire. While looking under the vehicle, I realized that the nut that secures the A-frame/control arm is missing on the passenger side and on the driver side and the same nut is loose on the driver side. The brake fluid was leaking from the back right wheel rear; not sure if leaking from the caliper or the line. This occurred as a result of having to apply the emergency brake in order to change the tire. The vehicle was purchased on November 11, 2011 and has been back several times. I told the dealer that I heard a noise under the front of the car each visit. What rights do I have concerning this negligent issue on the part of the dealer? I am in South Carolina.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

I stopped to change a tire. Truck tires are 17 inch rims all around.(the spare tire was 16 inch rim) unable to change the tire. While looking under the vehicle, I realized that the nut that secures the A-frame/control arm is missing on the passenger side and on the driver side and the same nut is loose on the driver side. The brake fluid was leaking from the back right wheel rear; not sure if leaking from the caliper or the line. This occurred as a result of having to apply the emergency brake in order to change the tire. The vehicle was purchased on November 11, 2011 and has been back several times. I told the dealer that I heard a noise under the front of the car each visit. What rights do I have concerning this negligent issue on the part of the dealer? I am in South Carolina.
I don't see negligence. I see problems with your vehicle that any qualified mechanic could have discovered during a proper inspection of the vehicle, before or after the purchase.

Echoing what ecmst12 says, was this a used car purchase? Was the vehicle sold AS IS, or did it come with a WRITTEN warranty or guarantee of fitness?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">