• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car deemed "unrepairable" by insurance of at fault driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snast1103

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

Last weekend my car was hit by a drunk driver at 2am in front of my house. The driver left a note with his number. Now the car is being deemed unrepairable by the insurance company and they want to pay me the "value" of my car. I feel this is an unacceptable outcome because the car is repairable, they just don't want to pay for the $15K + amount it will take to fix it. I am completely a victum here and don't feel I should suffer for someone else's accident. What are my rights to refuse and demand more from the insurance company? Please advise.

SsanB2

unrepairable

What happens is they pay you bluebook vaule of your car and you keep the car and do what you want with it. :(

racer72

SsanB2 said:
What happens is they pay you bluebook vaule of your car and you keep the car and do what you want with it. :(
Wrong. You buy the car from the insurance company for it's salvage value.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">